"Appointment"

About: Leicester Royal Infirmary

I was urgently referred to the ENT dept. by my GP, because I have a growth in my throat. I saw a Consultant within 2 weeks and they decided that I need to have a Panendoscopy, still within a 2 week pathway.

I was sent to the ward to have pre-op tests and after the necessary tests etc. I was informed that I would receive an appointment soon. The 2 weeks have now passed and I have had no appointment.

This morning, (20 May) I telephoned the ENT appointments department and I was greeted by a message saying .. this telephone is manned from 09.30am until 4.30pm, Monday to Friday. Well it obviously isn’t, otherwise someone would have answered it, but instead, I was asked to leave a message. I left a message and now i wait in the hope that someone might call me back!

Your administration is very poor and lets not only it’s self down, but also the patients and the medical staff.

Response from University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust

Dear N.Moir,

Thank you for taking the time to review the ENT department at the Royal Infirmary.

I am sorry to hear that your experience of visiting has led to your comments and I am sorry to hear that it took so long for a follow-up appointment to be made. I understand that you have since been contacted by the waiting list team and you have now been booked in for your biopsy.

I am sorry to hear that you had difficulties getting through to the waiting list team – however if they are on the phone already, other calls go through to the answer phone. Which may explain why you experienced difficulty getting through. All our messages are cleared throughout the day and phone calls are always returned when requested.

If you do wish to speak about your complaint in further detail then please contact myself, Natalie Johnson on: natalie.j.johnson@uhl-tr.nhs.uk.

Thank you again for taking the time to post a review. Your feedback is really important to us.

Kind regards,