"On going sickness and being unable to eat."

About: NHS Lanarkshire

I have been suffering from severe pain in my throat and stomach with loss of appetite and vomiting for about 7 months. I am not able to keep any food down and have lost a lot of weight due to vomiting up anything I eat. I have a constant feeling that there is something stuck in my throat. There are traces of blood in my phlegm. I have visited my doctor at wishaw healthcentre on several occasions when I have been able to get an appointment but they haven't got to the bottom of my illness yet. They keep giving me different medications to try but nothing helps. I have been to a&e on a few occasions without any success. I have been told by them that I had a tummy bug and was sent home to take paracetamol. I feel very ill most days and can never get an appointment to see my doctor and keep being told to phone back later to see if any appointments become available. I have asked my doctor to send me for a scope but have been waiting for weeks to hear if an appointment has been made for one. Also because of my illness I am unable to work and am suffering financially as well as physically.

Response from Laura Jack, Patient Affairs Manager, Primary Care Division, NHS Lanarkshire

Dear Snowwhite,

Thanks for getting in touch and I'm sorry to read about your ongoing ill health. It sounds as though you are going through a really difficult time. In order that I can direct your concerns to the right team, or even your GP to look at further I would need some more information from you.

I wondered, therefore, if you could contact me directly either by telephone (01698 858 292) or by email: laura.jack@lanarkshire.scot.nhs.uk

I look forward to hearing from you so that we can help in some way.