"No Hope Hospital"

About: Good Hope Hospital

I was sent to A&E following doctors orders when I tried to book a second appointment for the same reason in a 3 day period. I had serve lower abdominal pain, serious bloating and pelvic pain. When I arrived at A&E the process seemed fairly quick and everything felt punctual. I was pretty pleased with the hospital on a whole at that moment and thought their care was of a top standard. But then things gradually deteriorated. The person in majors did a urine sample and sent us back to the main waiting room, after telling me everything was normal. Then, me and my friend sat in the main waiting room for 2 hours until we asked when I was eventually going to be seen by a doctor. The people on reception said I was next all of the 6 times I asked them, but next was a long while off. A nurse came out and told me they had 'lost' where I was and was finally handing the doctor my notes. After 4 hours, I was seen by another nurse, who told me the first nurse had lost my urine so I had to do another one. Then after 30 minutes, I was called in by the doctor, who couldn't understand my clear English and was more concerned whether I was pregnant or not, which the nurse had already told me was negative. They refused me a ultrasound and said I'd have to be in pain for 2 weeks until I could have one, despite me telling them about the history of endometriosis in my family. They shrugged it off as a simple urine infection because it seemed now my urine was not 'fine'. They gave me a prescription of what they called the weakest antibiotics, told me it should stop hurting by Monday (the day was Friday) and sent me home. It was the worst experience I have ever had at Good Hope. The whole process was ridiculous and here I am sat down still in tremendous amounts of pain.

Dear Chloe

Thank you for your post regarding your recent attendance at Good Hope Hospital's accident and emergency department.

I am disappointed to read that you have concerns about your treatment and I would like to look into your patient experience in more detail.

Can I please ask you to contact me either by telephone: 0121 424 0808 or by email: marie.helebert@nhs.net so that I may obtain some more information from you?

I would be most grateful and look forward to hearing from you at your convenience.

Marie Helebert