"Great staff"

About: United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

I attended the ward after I had to have a termination for health reasons.

The staff on the ward were on the whole amazing, especially one member of staff without who the place would fall apart. This person was so supportive and knew exactly what was going on even when others didn't appear to. The only worrying thing was the doctor who came to see me didn't appear to know that dried blood appears brown and this confusion didn't exactly fill me with confidence... Especially at such a stressful time.

My only criticism would be the prep for the procedure on the assessment unit could be more transparent particularly in relation to the pain and physical trauma associated with medical terminations and miscarriages. I was very lucky to have a partner with me but I can't imagine how it would have been for someone facing it alone.

Response from Sharon Kidd, Patient Experience and Engagement Manager, Patient Experience, United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback, especially at what must be a very upsetting time for you.

I am pleased you felt supported through the episode of care, but am also very aware from your comments that some things could have been better.

I would like to be able to pass your comments on to the relevant team to review, but in order to do so would need some more information from you.

If you were would be prepared to e-mail me (Sharon.kidd@ulh.nhs.uk) with your name, date of birth and, if you have it, your NHS number, I can make sure the appropriate team is aware of your comments. They can then consider the criticisms you raised, and use this feedback to ensure the overall experience is improved for future patients.

Thank you once again for your feedback, and I look forward to hearing from you shortly.

Best regards,

Sharon Kidd, Patient Experience Manager

Dear Anon

Just wanted to say thank you for contacting me today. As promised I have passed your story to the ward sister and matron to share with the staff on the ward.

Best wishes