"Diabetic review cancelled 3 times"

About: Frimley Park Hospital (Frimley)

I am a patient at FPH. In September last year I attended my consultation and recommended to have a review in January 2016. I was given the 12 th January however 6 days before I was phoned to say the consultant was not well (the 12 th was the day of the first junior dr strike). I was given another day 3 months later 26 th April. I was then phoned 1 week before that on the 19 th to say that appointment was cancelled too because yet again there was a junior strike that day so I made another appointment for the 31 st May and guess what !!! today I got a letter to say that my appointment on 31 st May had been cancelled too. In fact I have because of my own quick thinking, have now been seen but potentially I would probably have waited another 3 months.

This is really disappointing I work really hard on my diabetes management to get my Hb1AC in the good range and feel that I am being fobbed off time and again as if I or my diabetes don't matter at all. The diabetes nurses are much better maybe the consultant clinics should learn from their attitude.

Response from Frimley Park Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on your experience.

I'm very sorry to hear your concerns.

I would be really grateful if you could contact our PALs team so they can investigate what happened in more detail, in order that we learn for the future.

You can email them on palsfrimleypark@fhft.nhs.uk or ring them via switchboard on 01276 604604

Thanks for raising your concerns

Kind Regards