"Total Lack of Signs"

About: East Surrey Hospital

I visited the Lane Fox Remeo Centre on Thursday 5th May and luckily had arrived very early as we asked for directions at the information point to be given directions that got us half way. i then asked several members of staff none of whom was able to help until finally i found someone who was able to give me directions. At no time were there any signs the centre is not marked on your maps and the centre is hidden right at the back of your sight. If i had not arrived early i would have missed my appointment. Could you please provide adequate signs as soon as possible.

We also asked for feedback forms but rather suspiciously none were available.

To increase my annoyance while typing this I spotted a typing error but when I clicked on the error the contents of this entire box was erased, not very impressed at all.

Response from Ian Mackenzie, Director of Information and Facilities, Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust We are preparing to make a change

Dear Anonymous

Thank you for your comment which you posted on Patient Opinion.

I am sorry that it was so difficult to find the Lane Fox unit because of a lack of signs and a lack of awareness of the unit by our staff. Although it is no excuse, the reason is that the facility is owned and run by a separate organisation and we have only recently started using some of their facilities. We therefore need to do two things as quickly as possible:

1. Update all our maps throughout the site

2. Ensure staff know about the unit and its location

We are planning to address these issues and I'm sorry that you were so inconvenienced by our not having done them already.