"Made me feel so safe and calm"

About: Wishaw General Hospital / Maternity care

I delivered my first baby in July 2015. I was induced and after hearing horror stories about this I had such a positive experience.

My midwife Adele spent so much time with me, going through the whole process and answering any questions I had. She was caring and compassionate.

I had a very fast labour and needed assistance from the medical team. I was constantly reassured and made to feel safe.

The next day Adele came back to visit us both and see how we were. This made me feel like she cared, and I didn't just feel like a number.

So thank you staff in ward 24 Wishaw General, for delivering my baby girl safely and for making me feel so safe and calm throughout my labour and birth.

Response from Lyn Clyde, Clinical Services Manager, Women's Services, NHS Lanarkshire

Dear Kerry86

I am so glad to hear you had such a positive experience during the time we cared for you and your baby daughter at the Maternity Unit here at Wishaw General hospital.

Midwives take care and compassion very seriously and I was not surprised to hear Adele came to see you both the day after as during labour a special bond can be developed between the midwife and the woman.

I will pass your kind words to both Adele and the nursing and medical staff of ward 24.

I do hope you are enjoying your daughter I am sure she is keeping you busy and you are both well.

Thank you again for your lovely words.

Kind Regards