"Being involved in the interview panels here at Arnold lodge has really boosted my confidence"

About: Arnold Lodge Regional Secure Unit

I’d like to say, being involved in the interview panels here at Arnold lodge has really boosted my confidence. It’s nice that staff I have interviews have gone on to be employed here and they remember me being involved.

I hope to continue being involved in interviewing when I move to my new place soon, along with any other service user groups and forums.

Response from Jennie Palmer-Vines, Therapy Services Manager & Involvement Lead, Arnold Lodge, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS trust

Hi Excel 388

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your comments about the patient interview panels here at Arnold Lodge. The Management Team are passionate about patients having the opportunity to be involved in as many aspects of unit life as possible. This includes interviewing for clinical staff that patients will probably be working with in the future which we think is really important.

As a regular interviewer myself on staff panels, the patient feedback from interviews has been extremely valuable and important recruitment decisions have been influenced following your feedback as a group. This has been the case for all clinical staff from Healthcare Support Workers to Consultant Psychiatrists.

I'm really pleased to hear that being involved in interviews has boosted your confidence and hope that you can share your knowledge and positive experiences with others when you move on from here.

Thank you again and good luck for the future.