"Brought t a and e by ambulance"

About: Leeds General Infirmary

My daughter was brought to a and e, she was assessed quite quickly when we arrived, then left in a chair in observation area. No one came near, I asked how long waiting time was and was told 2hours and 15 minutes, and she had been waiting 52 mins.

People where coming in and being sent to cubicles, straight away, police brought people in and they where given priority.

We where then told waiting time was 4 hours. My daughter was getting tired and irritable and ready to discharge herself, when I told a nurse this they then looked at her and advised her to stay.. We arrived at 9pm and got seen eventually about 12.15am, yes she had a drink and I feel this was the cause of her not being seen. Only when she said she was going to go home did something happen and we where seen within 20 minutes. She was diagnosed with a head injury and concussion .

Response from Leeds Teaching Hospitals

Dear Anonymous,

Thank you for taking the time to write to us regarding yours and your daughters experience.

I was very sorry to read that this was not a positive experience for you.

If you would like this matter to be addressed and further investigated please contact the trusts Patient Advise and Liaison Service (PALS) on 0113 206 6261 or alternatively email patientexperience.leedsth@nhs.net

With kind regards