"Aftercare following discharge from Tolworth Hospital Lilac Ward"

About: Tolworth Hospital

I received a call from someone from home treatment team around week after discharge. usual questions what support do you need?  Then told lilacs ward have said you do not need ht support as you discharged yourself and were able to make decisions. Why phone in the first place to tell me this as I was not expecting any support as don't live in kingston area and because of the situation in lilacs ward?

I discharged myself because I was not getting any help and support. One minute discharge on one day told at 4pm, then left they had made an appointment at 3pm for maddison centre teddington as not leaving. This was cancelled. Why was no similar provision made on another day? Again ignored and left after 3pm with my carer.

All advice given as leaving was call crisis line. No info given on this, then left to go home with no support call from home treatment team who initially said about support and then said lilacs ward have said you don't need the service. Total mess up and all this about change takes time especially when ingrained in an institution/ward. Really disappointed, alone and don't really care now.

Update posted by jog634 (the patient)

Pity no one has bothered to comment on my experience especially after recent events. It feels to me like mental Health services JUST DON'T CARE. My original experience was worse than being in prison (not that I have been there and have no intention of doing so)

Response from Jane Healey, Patient Experience Lead, Governance, South West London and St George's Mental Health Trust

Dear jog634,

My name is Jane and I am one of the Patient Experience Leads for the Trust. Many apologies for the delay in responding to your post and for the additonal distress and frustration this has clearly caused.

I am very concerned to hear of your negative experience and have ensured that your concerns have been passed onto the Director responsible for the service.

If you would like your concerns to be investigated formally through the Trust formal complaints process then you can do so either by telephoning 0203 513 6150 or by email to Complaintsmanager@swlstg-tr.nhs.uk.

If you do need any support to make a complaint you can contact the NHS Complaints Advocacy organisation on 0300 330 5454. Their email address is nhscomplaints@voiceability.org and their website is www.nhscomplaintsadvocacy.org

Once again, I would like to apologise both for the negative experience you have had with our service and the delay in responding to your concerns. Please do not hesitate to contact us on the number above if you would like these to be investigated further.