"I'm still here!"

About: Lincoln County Hospital

I was diagnosed with Head and Neck cancer in 2012. I cannot thank the consultants and their respective teams for saving my life.

I was treated at all times with the greatest respect and nothing was too much trouble. I simply cannot praise them enough.

Importantly, they were of great support to my wife; she was able to phone the Macmillan Nurse at any time for help. It is so vital that our loved ones are supported as the whole cancer thing is a devastating and worrying time for them.

I have absolutely nothing but praise or all departments involved in my care, treatment and follow-up appointments over the last 3+ years.

X-ray, Radiotherapy, Chemotherapy, Pharmacy, Mr Eng, theatre staff , dieticians, speech and language therapists, Fresenius, outpatients and the medical secretaries.

Thanks to you all..... I'm still here!

Vivienne Ranick

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Vivienne,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a heartfelt and positive story on your experience, it is very much appreciated.

We pride ourselves on our team approach to holistic patient care and it is lovely to have such positive patient feedback.

You were a pleasure to look after whilst you were undergoing your treatment and indeed your follow up.

I wish you continued good health.

Warmest wishes,