"A long wait"

About: Queen Elizabeth Hospital (Greater London)

We had to wait an hour and 10 minutes for our 10.00 a.m. appointment, with no explanation as to why there was such a delay. This would have taken staff about 10 seconds to deliver to waiting patients and alleviated any anxiety about being forgotten.

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to occur to anyone to take on this responsibility, and it just common courtesey when patients turn up on time.

One lady was accused of being half an hour late when she had just been filling in a form someone had given her.

When we did ask what was going on, staff were helpful, but shouldn't it be their job to inform patients of what is going on without having to ask?

Once in with the consultant, the appointment went well.

Response from Queen Elizabeth Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to send in your feedback. I am disappointed to hear of your experience in the Gynaecology Department at Queen Elizabeth Hospital. I do expect the staff to inform patients when a clinic is running late, and apologise that this did not happen on this occasion. I will be reminding staff of the importance of keeping patients informed.

I am pleased that the rest of your visit went well.

If you wish to discuss anything further, please contact me on rosie.jackson@ nhs.net.

Rosie Jackson