"lifesaving treatment"

About: Lincoln County Hospital

I had to call the ambulance service on Monday 25 April 2016 around midnight due to severe exaserbation of breathing difficulties and spasm of my bronchial tubes.

I could hardly speak to the ambulance controller, and don't think that I could have remained conscious much longer as my oxygen levels were so low.

But somehow an ambulance arrived quickly with two superb ambulancemen who deserve the highest praise for their efficiency and reassurance.

They got me to a and e resus unit wphere I preceived immediate treatment from brilliant caring and highly skilled staff and doctors which I think saved my life.

Then to the a and e majors section which again was superb with a high level of skill and care given to me.

I am sorry I do not have the names of all who looked after me, as I was a fair bit out of it for a while, but I know that they did a great job.

I have not always had positive experiences with Lincoln county hospital over the years , but credit where credit is due, this time was exemplary.

Perhaps my personal thanks could be passed on to the relevant people working that night and the early hours of Tuesday the 26 th.

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

The nursing and medical team in A&E are always so pleased to read comments such as these, it is nice for their hard work and skills to be recognised and to receive thanks for them.

Thank you for taking the time to post your positive comments; if you would like me to share with the actual staff involved in your care please send your name to PALS@ulh.nhs.uk and I would be delighted to be able to do that for you.

Karen Hansord – A&E Sister