"The Westwood Centre"

Our daughter was transferred from another unit, she had given up on life,suicidal,not eating,self harming and depressed.

In just months the Westwood team have transformed her,"we are getting our daughter back".She now has a brighter more positive outlook on life,smiling,eating,her emotions returning,engaging in education,having leave with staff and family and discussing her future.The Westwood team are amazing,inspiring,professional,understanding and supportive.Young peoples care is on an individual basis not one treatment fits all.

The NHS must keep funding and building units with the quality staff the Westwood provides.

The new inspirational West lane hospital is a valuable investment in the future of the young people, providing care and treatment to help them recover and integrate back into everyday life.

Mum and Dad.

Response from Matthew Thompson, Patient Experience Team, Tees, Esk and Wear Valleys NHS Foundation Trust

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your kind comments. I am very proud of my teams and am so glad they made a significant difference to your daughter. I wish you all the best for your future. Once again thank you Leah Allinson Tier 4 Service Manager

If you would like to discuss this matter in further detail please contact Patient Experience Lead Nurse, Corinne.Aspel@nhs.net 0191 333 3566.