"Difficulty getting an appointment"

About: NHS 24

(as a parent/guardian),

I phoned nhs24 tonite to get a call back as my daughter had been sick for six days. I was kindly told we cant see her as its not emergency and to make app at docs the next day. I tried getting app for last two days but nothing was available so i'm not happy even when my girl drinks water shes being sick.

Response from Dawn Orr, Nurse Consultant, Telehealth and Telecare, NHS 24

Dear missmc,

Thank you for your posting via Patient Opinion. I was very sorry to learn of your daughters illness and your dissatisfaction with the service you received from NHS 24. I appreciate that this must be a distressing and worrying time for you.

I can appreciate your frustration at not receiving an Out of Hours appointment, during the Out of Hours period; calls are triaged via NHS 24 to ensure that patients and callers receive appropriate advice and referral during this period. I understand that this was not your experience on this occasion.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your story. I will ensure that your story is shared with NHS 24 Senior Staff to raise their awareness of your experience.

Should you wish to discuss this further, I would be pleased to hear from you. I can be contacted by email at patientaffairs@nhs24.scot.nhs.uk.

With kind regards