"V. Busy but so professional & caring."

About: Royal Bournemouth General Hospital

I attended A&E in April 2016 with both my wrists injured during a trip up a step. Yes it was busy, Yes I had quite a wait. When I was called I forgot the wait, the staff could not have been more professional or caring.

I am 69 and in all the years I have had contact with the Narional Health, I have never had any reason to moan or complain and all this is free.

We are all so lucky that we live in the UK.

Response from Royal Bournemouth General Hospital

Dear ‘Anonymous’

Sorry to hear about your fall on the steps and I hope your wrists are not too badly injured and starting to feel a little better.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of our Emergency Department and appreciating how busy it is; it is good to hear that despite the staff being busy and the wait you encountered you found the service and staff to be professional and caring.

Despite the negative reporting of the NHS from the media the vast majority of feedback received echo’s your sentiment that we are indeed lucky to live in the UK and have this valuable service to call on in our times of need and thank you for highlighting this.

I will pass on your kind words to the Emergency Department Matron to share with her team, it is an encouragement to them and other patients.

Sue Mellor