"Crawley Short Stay Unit"

About: Crawley Hospital / General medicine

Went in for pain management injections

Response from Cathy White, Patient Experience Lead, Patient Experience Team, Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust

Dear Crawley Happy Patient,

I hope your pain is now under control.

Kind regards,

Cathy White

Update posted by Crawley Happy Patient (the patient)

Dear Cathy White

I have now been to Crawley Surgical Short Stay unit twice in the last 2months. Both times have been for pain management injections in my spine, something which is very painful and very worrying on the day.

Both times I have been I have been treated with the most upmost respect, decency and outright kindness. Right from the receptionist, the very hardworking HCA's/nursing assistants and the lovely nursing staff.

It's very worrying knowing that if my injections hurt or don't work you tend to be a little upset and out of sorts, but I can't fault the actual kindness and generosity of time from every member of staff. I feel they are busy, overstretched and underpaid, but you know they do the job because they have massive hearts and time, sometimes staff in hospitals are the only contact some people have. They are truly saints, and I can't believe the negativity against the NHS at times.

Massive respect to them and dare I say it, I can't wait to go back for more injections!

A very grateful Crawley Happy Patient

Dear Crawley Happy Patient,

I will make sure that your thanks and appreciation are passed on to all the staff in that unit. I know they will be very pleased to hear how well you felt you were looked after during your last two visits.

With best wishes,