"Thank you from an very tried and emotional mum!"

About: Pilgrim Hospital / Accident and emergency Pilgrim Hospital / Paediatrics

(as a parent/guardian),

On Wednesday afternoon my little man became unwell & on seeking advice from our GP practice we attended A&E at the Pilgrim hospital querying possible appendicitis. We were promptly seen and triaged by a very professional and helpful nurse (Simon) who quickly ensured my son was seen by the appropriate doctors (John & Dr Bhatti and his team) all of which couldn't have been nicer.

We were quickly transferred to children's ward were we have received an outstanding level of care from every member of staff, in particular Chantelle, Andrew, Mel and especially Rachel- you are a true asset to the nursing profession! My son had an appendectomy performed very late on Wednesday evening (thank you to the ground floor theatre staff and anaesthetist & team-you were absolutely lovely & amazing with my son and me in an emotional state! ), and is thankfully now home and hopefully on the road to recovery. Every member of staff we have met couldn't of been more caring, knowledgeable and professional if they'd tried, I am so very very grateful.

Thank you from an very tried and emotional mum! !

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear S mum,

Thank you for this really nice feedback regarding Children’s Ward. We strive to provide this care to all our patients and it is lovely that you have taken the time to give us your story.

We hope that your little man is progressing nicely and just to let you know the picture he drew for us is up on the wall near the nurses' station.

Thanks again,

Margaret Goodley

Children's Ward Sister

• S mum thinks this response is helpful