"My mothers care in Ward 8 Glasgow Royal Infirmary"

About: Glasgow Royal Infirmary / Gastroenterology

During my mums 3 weeks in Ward 8, the treatment and care she received was exceptional.

So many times we hear bad news stories about the NHS, this was not our experience, quite the opposite. The respectful, thoughtful staff on the ward provided us with a level of trust and confidence, that eased what was a difficult time for our family. Unfortunately my mum became very ill and at the end of her life the nurses, doctors and domestic staff were all considerate and kind giving us comfort and support, for me and my family this was the essence of compassionate care. I'd like to thank SCN Prescott, Lauren, Kirsty and all the staff. We are eternally grateful.

M

Response from Lisa Ramsay, Patient Experience Public Involvement Team Support, NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde

Dear MD

I am very sorry for your loss. Thank you for taking the time to post on Patient Opinion at what must be a very difficult time for you and your family.

I am grateful to hear the way that our staff provided care to your mum made such a difference to you and your family and how it helped all of you. I will pass on your kind words to the staff in ward 8 and to the staff that you have mentioned.

My thoughts are with you and your family at this time.

Lisa