"Forever grateful for the support"

About: Ealing IAPT

The shock of coming back to living in London having lived abroad, the end of a relationship and career problems culminated in a very difficult period in my life. After a year of largely ineffectual mindfulness therapy, I reluctantly followed up on my GP's recommendation to pursue a course in CBT run by Ealing IAPT service.

My therapist, Naomi, exceeded my expectations in helping me to implement coping strategies and adopt a more positive outlook on life. I found Naomi to be empathetic, genuine, supportive and kind but didn't hesitate in taking the necessary steps to challenge my self destructive thought processes. She is an exceptionally talented therapist and I'm forever grateful for all her support.

Response from Consultant Psychologist, West London Mental Health NHS Trust

Dear Mr Durst, Thankyou so much for the time you have spent writing about your positive experiences with the Ealing IAPT service. I am so pleased that even though the first therapy you had tried wasn't right, the CBT that Naomi provided seemed to really help. From your description she has some great qualities as a therapist and I will make sure both the service manager and Naomi read your story. I really hope that other people will be encouraged by your story to try CBT as well.