"Bowel Cancer Care"

About: Kettering General Hospital / General surgery

The Bowel cancer screening service detected that cancer was a possibility and very quickly a Colonoscopy at Kettering General was arranged, where this was confirmed. After meeting with the Consultant General and Colorectal Surgeon, who explained in great detail the operation (key-hole surgery) to remove the cancer, I then had the operation three weeks later, which was successful. In fact, seventy two hours after it, I was back home! Less than eight weeks from detection to recovery from operation.

From first contact at the Hospital to recovery at home I received nothing less than exceptional treatment - from every member of Staff.

Response from Amie Burrows, Complaints Co-ordinator, Kettering General Hospital NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Kettering General Hospital values all the comments it receives as we continually strive to improve our services. Your feedback has highlighted the complex journey that you took from diagnosis to discharge. All the staff and teams involved within your progression of care have been notified of your positive comments.

Alli Dalziel