"Thank you to Ward 24"

About: Heartlands Hospital

I would like to thank all the staff on Ward 24 for the amazing care they gave to my late husband Alan Turner . The dedicated team who looked after Alan from the doctors, Staff Nurses, the Sister and other who I can't recall their names thank you so much.

They cared for him with exceptional kindness and dignity and also made our family as comfortable as possible during his last few days, especially my 89 year old mother-in-law.

Many thanks again you are a credit to the NHS.

Dear Jennie Turner

Firstly, may I extend my sincere condolences to you and your family on the sad loss of your husband Alan.

I would like to thank you for your kind words regarding the care your husband received from the staff on Ward 24 at Heartlands Hospital throughout his stay.

I'm so pleased to read that you and your family felt that Alan and your family were treated with great kindness and dignity. I will ensure that your comments are highlighted to Joanne Hartland and Louise Wood, Senior Sisters for Ward 24, as well as Michelle Bell, Matron for Respiratory Medicine who will share your feedback with all of the staff on Ward 24 who work very hard to treat and care for their patients in often difficult circumstances.

I hope this is acceptable and once again thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback at such a sad time, it is extremely important to us.

Marie Helebert