About: Berwick Infirmary

Thank you for the excellent care I received when I attended for a colonoscopy at Berwick Infirmary on 14 April.

The day unit staff were welcoming and efficient, and kept me updated whilst I was waiting to go to theatre, and the porter and nurse who assisted me to the theatre were bright and cheerful (and obviously making a determined effort to put me at ease - and I was most grateful for that).

The surgeon and theatre staff were excellent and took good care of me through a procedure that became quite difficult at times (I did not use sedation). Their professionalism and friendliness were second to none and I'll never forget the warmth and compassion they showed me.

Thank you so much.

Response from Berwick Infirmary

Dear Sir / Madam,

Many thanks for your this lovely feedback and for taking the time to share it on NHS Choices.

We really don't want you to forget the warmth and compassion of our staff - we'd much rather you'd feel confident that we're always here to care for you should you need us. I'm delighted your colonoscopy went as well as could be expected and that the professionalism shown by the team was second to none.

with all best wishes,