"My excellent experience with Edinburgh paramedics"

About: Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh at Little France / Accident & Emergency Scottish Ambulance Service / Emergency Ambulance

I presented at a conference at Edinburgh Business School yesterday afternoon and then attended dinner at the William Playfair library. ( Have you seen it wow! ! ! )

At dinner I fainted and a delegate decided to call for an ambulance much to my upset.

But I am glad they did as I experienced the most amazing service. Les the man who tended me at the library, Silva and Shona in the ambulance, Joe the nurse, Joanne the student doctor and Suzanne the doctor were all caring and totally professional.

I am sure you get lots of complains and moans but definitely not from this patient.

By the way I was simply dehydrated and am totally fine now

Response from Martin Esposito, Patient Experience Manager, Corporate Affairs and Engagement Department, Scottish Ambulance Service

Dear Kintish

I was sorry to hear that you became unwell during the conference but really pleased to read about the care you received. I am glad you are feeling better and will ensure that your feedback is passed onto the members of staff involved.

I have also had a look at the William Playfair library on line and it looks amazing!

Thank you so much for sharing.

Take care

• Kintish thinks this response is helpful

Response from Jeannette Morrison, Head of Patient Experience, NHS Lothian

Dear Kintish,

Like Martin, I was sorry to hear that you had fainted at the conference you were attending and delighted to hear that you are now feeling better.

I have shared your kind words with the staff at the Accident & Emergency Dept at the Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh, who I am sure will be delighted with this feedback.

I do agree with you that the William Playfair library is "wow".

Thank you again.