"Great care at West Cumberland"

About: West Cumberland Hospital

I had a fast access outpatients appointment at the hospital. I was seen promptly and all the staff were brilliant. They reassured me, they listened, explanations were very clear and they were very caring. The only problem I had was finding out where maternity was. It 30 minutes walking around the 2 hospitals getting different directions from anyone we met. Apart from that it was a very good experience. Thank you.

Response from West Cumberland Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the Trust. I am really pleased you had such a positive experience. All of the staff work really hard to provide a level of care and they will be delighted with your comments. I am sorry however that you had difficulty finding the department and that the directions given to you were poor. Perhaps we need to look at our signage more closely to prevent this happening again…

We appreciate your feedback and I will pass it to Matron for Outpatients so that she can share it with the team and I will also send this to the Estates department so that they can investigate the signage between both parts of the hospital.

With thanks and best wishes

Alison S-D