"My running to better health group Story"

About: Ealing IAPT

As part of my treatment for depression and OCD my therapist Ms Dhaliwal, invited me to join the running for better health group. Ealing IAPT therapists Bev and Alison who are both genuinely really nice people organize the course.

Apart from feeling physically better after the 6-week course I felt mentally better too. Having something to look forward too each week, meeting other people who have similar problems while participating in fun activity really help with my low mood and worries. I would definitely recommend anybody with social, OCD or depressive symptoms to try it.

Response from Consultant Psychologist, West London Mental Health NHS Trust

Dear jes70.

Thanks so much for taking the time to write your story on Patient Opinion. It's great to hear how the running for better health group helped you to feel better physically and mentally. I know this is a relatively new group that Ealing IAPT have started and it's wonderful to hear how it helped you. I'm so glad that the group was supportive and helped you to know that others might be going through the same thing. I really hope that your story will encourage some more people to join in with this group! I'll make sure the service managers hear about your story as soon as possible.