"My osteoarthritis diagnoses"

About: Ayr Hospital / General Medicine

I had been seeing the gp since May last year for chronic pain and eventually got referred for rheumatologist after positive ana blood results. I seen a Dr in November at Ayr hospital who after a ten min consultation said I had rheumatism in my muscles and referred me to muskoskeletal physiotherapy which after 21 weeks I'm still waiting for the appointment! I seen neurologist in December, who arranged an mri which shows I have osteoarthritis and disc damage and spinal damage. I've been in chronic pain for nearly a year now and my experience from this care has been shocking.

Dear Hercules,

This has been some journey for you. I am sorry you have been in chronic pain for so long and you are still waiting for a solution to it. We would like to look into this for you. May I ask you to contact me please? If you would like to, you can call me on 01563 826222 or email me at Eunice.goodwin@aapct.scot.nhs.uk.

Thank you for raising this with us, I hope we can look into it for you,

best wishes,