"Renal clinic"

About: Hammersmith Hospital

I have been going to the renal clinic for the past six years, After my kidney transplant.

In my experience the wards I have stayed on (peters) and the day ward. Are clean friendly and modern. The staff on the wards and in the clinic are Amazing from the booking clerks nurses care assistants to the consultants. You feel like they care and you feel informed and are included in your treatment. They have really looked after me from kidney failure through to transplant, even with cancer and dermatology issuies and gastric surgery. This hospital and St Mary's and Charing Cross are very good hospitals.

Even with the challenges of cut backs they have managed to still deliver high quality care with the highest quality staff. Not an easy job to do, but they do it every day.

The after care is second to none, out of hours and rapid response unit. You can call or email and you get a reply very quick. I am alive because of this wonderful hospital and staff.

The only downside is after coming here for so many years, when you have to go to another hospital you expect the same, which is hard to find in my opinion,

And I believe they all need a pay rise.

So many thanks to all the staff connected any way with hammersmith renal clinic.

Thank you.

Response from Hammersmith Hospital

Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust is delighted to hear your feedback regarding your care in the Renal Services.

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on NHS Choices.

Patient Advise & Liaison service as passed your comments to the services managers.