"Breast Clinic"

About: Huddersfield Royal Infirmary

Felt that the treatment I received from the staff in Huddersfield breast clinic was appalling. Over 4 months I was seen 3 times and each time I was left waiting for over an hour and told I need to go for an MRI scan. This was even after I informed them on each occasion that I am unable to have an MRI due to metal in my body.

My last appointment I was left waiting to see the consultant for an hour and a half. When I went up and asked the nurse for the third time when I would be seen they informed me that the consultant had gone home! I then had to wait to see another Doctor who again informed me that I will be sent for an MRI. For my conditions the NICE guidance clearly stipulates that an MRI is not a necessary requirement and surgery is necessary.

I found the consultant disrespectful and unhelpful, and I have been left in a severe amount of pain and discomfort. I have been very upset about the whole experience.

Response from Adele Muir, Assistant Manager of Patient Experience, Calderdale and Huddersfield NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. I am sorry to learn of your concerns; if you would like to discuss your experience in more detail, please do not hesitate to contact the Patient Advice and Complaints Service as below.

Yours sincerely