"uncles care on ward 2"

About: Shotley Bridge Hospital Site

My elderly uncle was a patient on wd 2 twice in recent months. On both occasions I found the ward clean and the staff extrmely helpful,professional and always had time to talk to family members. All staff seemed to know the patients I was never told ' I don' know he is not my patient' a phrase I hate if they were not sure they would say so and then say I will find out. The only problem I could see was the unit is not big enough and should be enlarged with more staff so more beds are available to the people of Derwentside for the care of the elderly and patients who need rehabilitation can have it near to home. Keep up the excellant care ward 2

Response from Shotley Bridge Hospital Site

Thank you for providing feedback on your uncle's recent stays on Ward 2 at Shotley Bridge Community Hospital.

I am very pleased to hear that you had a positive experience and that you are happy with the care he received.

The Trust is grateful for all feedback, positive or negative, as it means we can better understand what is important to our patients, and your kind comments will be shared with the Matron to pass onto the staff on your behalf.

I know they will be encouraged by your positive comments.

Thank you for leaving your comments on NHS Choices.

Patient Experience Team