"Labour and maternity care"

About: Darlington Memorial Hospital

I recently had my twins and the staff on both the labour ward and maternity ward were fantastic! Nothing was a bother. My stay was a longer than expected stay, but the staff were no nice and friendly my stay was enjoyable. All the staff introduced themselves so I got to know everyone who looked after us. It was almost like the good old days as the staff would come in to talk to us, and I wasn't felt like I was being rushed it was just s number. My stay was that good it was a very emotional goodbye when I had to go home. 😊

Response from Darlington Memorial Hospital

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent admission to Darlington Memorial Hospital and in particular the Maternity Services.

I am very pleased to hear that you had a positive experience and that you are happy with the care you received whilst you were in the hospital having your twins.

The Trust is grateful for all feedback, positive or negative, as it means we can better understand what is important to our patients, and your kind comments will be shared with the Matron and Head of Servcie to pass onto the staff on your behalf.

I know they will be encouraged by your positive comments.

Thank you for leaving your comments on NHS Choices.

Patient Experience Team