"Ed visit Worcester Royal hospital"

About: East Surrey Hospital / Accident and emergency Worcestershire Royal Hospital / Accident and emergency

I attended the emergency department on Thursday night with severe abdominal pain, quick registration and had triage within 10 min. So far all good. I then was asked to wait to be examined. After over good hour and half I was called, quick examination around a belly and a few questions I was told that there was nothing wrong with me and that I don't look like I'm in pain! I was told that it might be gallstones however if that's the case I would feel that later in the night and I'll than have to come back.....no X-ray or blood test has been done, no painkillers offered.....working in ED myself I was absolutely shocked and to be honest disappointed with the "care" provided. After sleepless night I decided to go back home (Surrey) and went to the local hospital, the doctors were shocked that I haven't been treated properly, it came out that all my guts were blocked and I have suspected gallstones. X-ray, bloods, urine test were done, pain relief was given to me and I was treated with respect and nobody told me that I don't look like I'm in pain.

Response from Worcestershire Royal Hospital

Thank you for leaving your comments. We are sorry to hear about your experience and are very concerned with the issues you have raised.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, please contact our Patient Services Department on 0300 123 1732 or email wah-tr.PET@nhs.net if you would like us to investigate your concerns or arrange for you to speak to a member of staff about this. Your comments will be shared with the management.

Kind Regards

Dear Abdopain

I am sorry to read about your recent experience whilst away from home, but pleased to read that following a second visit to A&E you now have a diagnosis. Clearly I cannot comment on another hospital but I'm pleased to read that as your local hospital we were able to help