I recently went to the Thomas Linacre for a growth scan and found the sonographer who carried out my scan to be rude, I felt rushed, they wouldn't answer any of my questions and lacked manners. When the sonographer completed the scan they told me they will just look at the results then looked at me and said I can go now. Not telling me where to wait, who I was going to see. Maybe they could be a little more informative as a first time mum I have never been to their department before and just because they work there they should not assume everyone else knows how the procedure works. Apart from the sonographer all the other staff where nice and made me feel at ease.

Response from Susan Heighway, Patient Relations / PALS Manager , Patient Relations / PALS, Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust

We were sorry to learn of your experience during your sonography appointment at the Thomas Linacre Centre, it is not what we wish to hear from anyone using our services.

I will pass your posting to the Manager of Radiology Services to share at their team meeting and to remind the staff of the importance of good communication from everyone.

I will also ensure that the positive comments are shared with the relevant staff. Thank you for taking the time to let us know your views.