About: Solihull Hospital

Solihull Hospital was absolutely brilliant hospital but something is not right, I was referred by my GP to the hospital and my GP told me to give the hospital a call and book an appointment for myself. I booked the appointment over the phone and I was told that my appointment will be within 2 weeks.

I put a reminder on my phone for the appointment and waited for a letter or a text, I didn't receive one. I went to my appointment and was told that my appointment wasn't booked at all and my GP didn't refer me.

What's even more frustrating is I live 20 miles away from the hospital and I waited all that time and came all the way from there for nothing. I am very disappointed and frustrated about this. How did this even happen?

Who is it to blame? Me? The hospital? The GP??

I just can't believe it.

Dear Yusuf

Thank you for your post regarding your recent experience at Solihull Hospital. I am sorry that you have experienced difficulties with your appointment and I would very much like the opportunity to speak with you so that I may obtain some more information. This will enable me to look into your experience appropriately and establish where the problem has occurred and hopefully resolve it for you.

I can be contacted on 0121 424 0808 or by email: marie.helebert@nhs.net

I hope this is acceptable and may I please thank you once again for taking the time to bring this to our attention. I look forward to hearing from you.