"Molar pregnancy dealt with care and understanding"

About: Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Sheffield is one of the 3 centres in the uk that does follow up for molar pregnancies. I just wanted to share my sincere thanks and feedback for the excellent care I received in what was otherwise a difficult time.

I was referred to Sheffield by hull hospital as this is such a rare condition that they don't have the expertise. Even the consultants were unclear on what happened next in the process after I unfortunately needed a D&C. I had to wait over a fortnight for the initial procedure which should have been done the next day.

My experience with Sheffield was completely different. The nurses I spoke to were not only knowledgeable but kind. They rang me when I became a new patient and clearly explained the process. They didn't mind when I rang them up for clarification or results, and they rang me to tell me the good news when the follow up process was complete. I always felt like they had time for any questions and I really appreciated how very lovely they were to be in our several conversations.

I only ever communicated with the Sheffield team by post (sample) or phone as thankfully I didn't need to visit as there were no ongoing complications. They were always professional and had up to date information available.

Thanks again - I can't truly express how much all of this made my time easier.

Response from Deborah Hopkinson, Patient Experience Co-ordinator, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

I am sorry to hear of your molar pregnancy and I do hope that you are on the road to recovery. I can fully appreciate how being treated with sensitivity and understanding helped.

I will be pleased to pass on your kind words to the staff involved who are always pleased to receive such compliments.

Thank you and kind regards.