"Excellent care before, during and after surgery"

About: Queen Elizabeth Hospital (Birmingham)

During my stay in ward 407 I received excellent care by each member of staff, my only disappointment was after my discharge it was difficult for my 83 year old husband to find a wheelchair, having accomplished this had difficulty taking me to the car park, it would have been nice if someone could have carried out this task if only to the entrance of the hospital

Maureen Wain

Response from Queen Elizabeth Hospital

Dear Maureen

Please accept our apologies for the delay in responding to you. Thank you for taking the time to feed back about your recent experience at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham. We are delighted to hear that you received excellent care from all of the staff that you encountered during your stay on Ward 407.

The Associate Operational Director has provided this response about the wheelchairs and your transfer to the hospital entrance.

We are sorry to hear that you were disappointed on the day of your discharge and would like to advise that Porters are available to be pre-booked by ward staff to help with transfers directly from the ward to the main entrance of the hospital. We apologise, on this occasion, this service does not appear to have been offered to you and your husband. Following your feedback we will now ensure staff are reminded to pre-book porter transfers so that a wheelchair can also be sourced in good time if required.

Your kind words for Ward 407 have been forwarded to relevant senior staff who will share them with their team members. Feedback like this is greatly appreciated.

If you would like to provide any further feedback about your experience please visit the hospital webpage www.uhb.nhs.uk/yourviews