"Made to feel like i was wasting their time"

About: Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust / Adult Mental Health - Oxfordshire

I was made to feel by the team and especially the consultant that I was just wasting their time. The consultant was patronising and at one appointment thought I was a completely different patient. I was made to feel like a complete waste of time.

I felt any decisions or opinions I had on my care were completely disregarded. The consultant never listed to what I had to say and always did the complete opposite i feel.

I was so despondent about my care that I self-discharged when I really needed the support and help.

Response from Sarah Woods, PALS officer, Complaints & PALS Team, Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Toy232,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback about your experience with the Oxford AMHT.

We take all feedback about our services seriously and I would be grateful if you could contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) either via email-PALS@oxfordhealth.nhs.uk or calling our Freephone number- 0800 328 7971 to discuss your concerns in more detail and to enable us to look into them thoroughly.

Sarah