"Grateful for excellent care"

About: University College Hospital

The antenatal care I received while pregnant with and in deliverying my first baby earlier this month was fantastic. Staff were compassionate and professional. Although it's a large facility with lots of patients, so you do see lots of different midwives on different visits, everyone we came in contact with was friendly and happy to answer any questions. The antenatal service was well organised and efficient. I appreciated the evening appointments as they made it possible for my husband to attend, and generally they happened pretty much on schedule, which I was impressed by - there was only a significant wait on one occasion.

The medical care during my delivery was also excellent. Even though I wasn't able to deliver in the way that I had initially hoped, I understood and consented to all of the decisions made about my care, and felt confident that they were made to protect my health and my baby's. Immediately after the delivery my husband and I were left in peace in the delivery room for a little while, which was wonderful.

As we left the hospital everyone stopped to congratulate us on the safe arrival and seemed genuinely happy, which is amazing considering how many babies are born there. I really can't recommend it highly enough, and given how many people told me while I was pregnant that I had made the right choice of hospital and that they had brilliant experiences with UCLH, I am surprised there aren't more positive reviews on here!

Response from University College Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We're so pleased you were happy with the care and attention you received from Maternity Services at UCLH and will feed this back to the team.