"Maidstone Hospital A & E efficiency and courteous."

About: Maidstone District General Hospital

I feel obliged to commend the A&E department of Maidstone Hospital for their efficient and courteous service today.

I was referred by my GP to the A&E for a severe COPD attack and chest infection and attended there today at approximately 13:45.

Although I was there for some 3 and half hours, I did not feel any of the time to be wasted and was given very thorough examinations and extensive tests by extremely courteous staff and attentive doctors.

I came away very satisfied that my treatment was the best that I could have received anywhere.

I am not sure how appropriate it is to thank individuals for their work but please pass on my thanks and congratulations to the department collectively for a very thorough job, very well done, from a very satisfied patient.

Response from Maidstone District General Hospital

Dear James

Thank you for taking the time to write about your positive experience in our Emergency Department at Maidstone Hospital. We were pleased to learn that you felt your treatment to be thorough and efficient and will pass your thanks on to the Matron for the department to share with the staff. With kind regards, the PALS team