"Let down by the follow ups"

About: Salford Royal

After being in hospital last summer for various injuries suffered due to a fall at work

I found the doctors, nurses, health care assistants, physios etc to be fantastic.

However they have been let down by the follow up care / admin team who have turned out to be nothing short of pathetic apart from having to constantly chase up my own follow up consultation appointments via emails and phone calls I turned up on Tuesday this week for a follow up consultation to find the doctor was away on holiday, me and several other people had to go into the consultation room and be told the doctor wasn't in due to being on holiday - I could understand if he had been rushed to surgery etc but surely a doctor just like the rest of us has to book time off in advance and it must be on the system somewhere, yet still I received a text message the day before reminding me my appointment was still on not cancelled total waste of time and it really does let this good hospital down

Response from Salford Royal

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your recent experience. I can only imagine how frustrating and difficult this must have been for you, please accept our apologies, I would like to assure you that this is not normal practice.

Please can I encourage you to contact our PALS service on 0161 206 2003 or email them directly on pals@srft.nhs.uk - they will be able to explain how we can best investigate the issues you have raised and to give you some answers.

Thank you.