"Paediatric a&e"

About: Good Hope Hospital

Arrived it was hot and busy, not enough seating in waiting area. Not fully staffed as lunchtime. 3 cubicles, 2 being used. Triage done went to very quiet xray close by. Back to paediatric a&e lots of consideration given to patient being anxious possible asd.

Sat in cubicle for a while waiting for nurse to check head wound. Cleaned with care and reassurance, lots of advice and information.

My main concern is the temperature in the area, way too hot. Young children arriving with high temperatures, so room temperature must make their inhibit their comfort.

Dear Mandy Gardner

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback following your recent visit to the Children's Emergency Department at Good Hope Hospital.

I appreciate your comments about the area temperature being too high and the impact this could have on children being unwell and possibly with high temperatures.

I am pleased to read that you found the attention and treatment given to be caring and reassuring, and that you were also given lots of information and advice to care for the head wound at home.

I will ensure that your comments are highlighted to Paula Lane, Lead Nurse for Paediatric Emergency Department, so that she can ensure your positive comments are communicated to all of the team, but also look into your concern about the high temperature of the department and that you found it to be very hot.

I do hope that your child is now feeling much better and the head wound is healing nicely!

I trust my action is acceptable and once again thank you for providing your feedback, patient experience is extremely important to us.

I will post an update once I receive Ms Lane's feedback.

With kind regards