"1. Reassuring orthopaedic consultant ..."
About: Warrington Hospital Warrington Hospital Warrington WA5 1QG
Posted by Fiona (as ),
What I liked
1. Reassuring orthopaedic consultant and registrar (Good discussion between them)
2. Felt involved in my care
3. Sound decisions made with explanations
4. Anaesthetist with a good sense of humour
5. 1st on the trauma list that day - didn't have to wait
6. Really lovely private room - this has got to be the way forward by the NHS
7. Considerate and respectful nurses
8. I like the continuity - the registrar I saw, performed my surgery and has been overseeing my after care.
9. Had to go back to fracture clinic a few times - staff recognise me, ask how I'm getting on - this is good
10. Leg on the mend. Op went well. Can't ask for more
What could be improved
1. Hospital very busy due to slippery roads that the Council failed to grit!!
2. Would have been better to not wait in A&E. Was in a lot of pain - but it was v.busy due to weather (and lack of grit!)
1. Having read a few reviews which outlined some of the difficulties people have faced at Warrington, I was worried about the quality of care I might receive and the lack of cleanliness. I shared my concerns with the doctors who successfully reassured me.
2. My ankle isn't better yet, but is healing on schedule. As far as the operation and hospital stay went, it far exceeded my expectations and couldn't have been much better.