"Clearly explained next stages in my treatment"

About: Aberdeen Royal Infirmary / Emergency Medicine

I attended A&E at ARI in Feb. Even though it was getting into the Saturday night busy period the staff fully explained the treatment they were going to give me and asked me if I had any concerns or questions. They apologised for keeping me waiting, when they didn't have to as I could see they were extremely busy with more serious cases and clearly explained the next steps in my treatment.

Response from Linda Oldroyd, Nurse Consultant Patient Safety and Experience, NHS Grampian

Dear Patient

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your feedback about our Emergency Department (ED). We understand that it is important to keep people informed of what is happening with their care whatever the situation and I am glad you were kept fully informed and that you had everything explained to you. As you say, ED can be and often is a very busy place to be, so it is good to hear that staff still manage to make time to care for patients in a manner which helps reduce anxiety and uncertainty.

I will make sure that your comments are passed on to the staff concerned and I thank you again for your feedback.