"The Newberry"

When I first came to the Newberry I was frightened and I didn't have any hope. Even though I was only there for a month I made a lot of progress in such a short space of time. The staff saw me at my worst and my best, but they really helped to bring me out my shell and help me believe in myself. Not only that but I had the most wonderful key nurse who really helped me to think more positively. I met some amazing people whilst being inpatient there, and it's safe to say we'll be keepimg in touch for a long time. The only downside I'd say is the staff wearing heels on a night (it's so noisy!). I mean, who's comfortable in heels on a night? But apart from that I had a good experience.

Response from West Lane Hospital

Thank you for your very kind comments, and taking the time to share your positive experience. The team at the Newberry Centre and the trust are committed to providing high quality care. We are very pleased to hear that you had a good experience and that staff were able to help you towards your recovery and made you think more positively and believe in yourself. We apologies for the inappropriate footwear and will ensure that this is shared and actioned with the staff immediately. We will share this feedback with the staff on the unit and wish you every success in the future.

Should you wish to discuss this further please don’t hesitate to contact me Corinne Aspel Lead Nurse Patient Experience on 01913333566 or by e mail corinne.aspel@nhs.net