"Been waiting 4 months for kidney stones operation"

About: Lister Hospital

I'm very disappointed that I have been suffering since November 2015 to have something done. I was in hospital 3 weeks ago with a nasty infection caused by my kidney stone, the doctors decided to put me on antibiotics for four weeks and with in that time they would operate, I'm still waiting, I did have a call from the outpatient in urology but they had no clue that I was to have an operation . I've called twice to say I only have a weeks worth of antibiotics left. My local doctors say they can't keep giving me antibiotics because sooner or later they just won't work anymore. The first time I was in back in November the ward was seriously under staffed and I didn't get my meds at the set times, one person was very rude to me when I told them my cannula was sticking out of my arm, I have ended up with a scar on my arm and it still tender after four weeks.

Not all my stays have been like that , but I'm overall unhappy and still suffering

Response from Lister Hospital

We're really sorry that your recent experience of the Trust's urology service at the Lister has not been as good as we would have wanted - or expected.

We are very happy to intervene and take these important matters up for you - all you need do is email us at generalenquiries.enh-tr@nhs.net and we will take it from there - we do hope that you'll get in touch.