"Would rather die than go back"
About: Newham General Hospital Newham General Hospital E13 8SL
Posted by Anonymous
The care I received when I delivered my daughter was atrocious.
- My notes recording I refused a blood transfusion when I was never offered one.
- The doctor who performed my daughter's one day review saying, 'Your baby is telling me she has been crying a lot' without any basis for their assertion.
- Being discharged without any form of medical examination even though I had a high 2nd degree tear (which later caused sepsis).
- Waiting 9 hours for medication when I was readmitted with sepsis and presenting with rigors combined with a temperature above 40 degrees. When challenged by my family, they were told it 'did not fit with the schedule'.
- Being asked by a midwife what medication I had been given and being expected to know the names and dosages.
- A midwife asking, 'Why are you making your baby sad?' because she was crying (at 4 days old).
- My husband being told he should not take my daughter home to care for her even though I required intravenous antibiotics and two blood transfusions because it 'was not best for baby'.
- Being made to feel like I was an inconvenience when I pressed my bell to ask for assistance when feeding my daughter as I was hooked up to medication and was physically unable to do it myself.