"My life was saved at CCU"

About: Luton & Dunstable Hospital

Arriving via a few days stay in emergency care and assessment, I was very frightened. It appeared to me that my life was ending because of the severity of my symptoms. It was a real pleasure to be met by CCU staff who were friendly, caring, responsive and knowledgeable. As a nurse, my standards of work and care may possibly be higher than many. All of them were met by outstanding and friendly staff of every grade. The sense of cohesion with everyone pulling in the same direction was very clear.

I saw many clinicians and nurses. I also was assisted my many HCAs and domestic staff. What an amazingly tight and caring unit this is. I would recommend it very highly to friends, family and strangers alike. The heard work that goes into producing a genuine team effort is obvious. The pride in their work is obvious and the efficiency other work method is all too clear. Many times the staff were stuck with restrained facilities of staff and yet it never dented their good humour, their skill level or their commitment to providing outstanding care.

I am one highly delighted patient and will sing the praises of all of the CCU staff to anyone who will listen. If you should be unlucky and need their services, do not be afraid for the care I received in CCU is truly World Class NHS care. My thanks are given to every single member of the CCU team. Each and every one of you were all responsible for saving my life and letting a young son keep his dad. Thank You All !

Response from Luton & Dunstable Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We are pleased your experience has been a positive one and will pass your comments on to department managers and team.