"Day surgery unit"

About: Blackpool Victoria Hospital

I visited BVH Day Surgery on Monday. Arrived at 7am as instructed and saw the nurse within 15 mins. I was really nervous but they were fantastic and answered all of my questions and boosted my confidence for my upcoming procedure. I met my surgeon who again was very patient and informative. Once in theatre (local anaesthetic) the staff couldn't do more for me and kept checking I was okay. The staff were friendly and professional I was in theatre for 70 mins and then taken to recovery. Staff in recovery were lovely and I was discharged within 15 mins. The recovery nurse even walked round the hospital with me until we found my partner so I wasn't on my own. I was ready to go by 10am!

Thank you to all the staff for making my visit so easy and relaxed. I would definitely recommend BVH in the future.

Response from Andrew Heath, Lead in Patient Experience & Engagement, Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for your feedback following your recent admission to The Blackpool Victoria Hospital. I am grateful you have taken the time to share and write about your experience.

It is always fantastic to hear such positive experiences and when staff have demonstrated our own trust values in their everyday practice.

I will share your experience with the teams involved and wish you a continued recovery.

Andrew Heath