"Not as hard as expected"

About: West Middlesex University Hospital

I attended the Endoscopy unit, on Wed 9 March, for a gastro-endoscopy. After initial questions and tests I was shown into a pleasant cubicle to await the Procedure. Although I had to wait for over an hour this had been anticipated by the literature provided beforehand, so was no bother. When the procedure was performed I was kept informed all along the line and with good explanations by nurses and the Consultant. Although it was not very pleasant, the nurse was very supportive and it didn't last long. afterwards the Consultant told me what they had found and what they thought was the best way forward for me. A final note: Having previously had sedation for this:procedure: this time I had the local anesthetic which, for me, was a far better option. To sum up: although I came with apprehension: I could not fault the treatment I received. Thank you..

Response from West Middlesex University Hospital

Dear Patrick. Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We have shared this with the Endoscopy team who will really appreciate your kind comments and reading about your positive experience in their department. Best wishes and thank you again.