"Gynecology department"

About: West Middlesex University Hospital

I’m utterly disgraced with the treatment my Mother received upon her visit to the Gynaecology department .The surgeon who performed her operation was completely condescending, unprofessional and frankly vulgar. Her operation questioned by them, in regards to its necessity; understandable making my Mother feel both helpless and like an encumbrance. She was discharged dismissively and given very little pertinent advice on care after her operation.

My mother spent two years of her life building up to this operation and its resulting care. She is exasperated as a result of her unsympathetic treatment.

This dreadful care is exemplified by the advice given to her: “Go back to your GP”; this not only implies a lack of follow up care from the Gynaecology department but also means my Mother has start from square one (as she did two years ago), in order to get an operation to relive her symptoms.

Response from West Middlesex University Hospital

We are very sorry to hear about your mother's experience and would encourage you to contact pals.service@wmuh.nhs.uk / 020 8321 6261 so we can investigate this further and respond to you directly. Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback.